a minute portion, piece, fragment, or amount; a tiny or very small bit
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Every Last One
Photo Credit: Del Parson http://mormonartist.net/interviews/del-parson/
Recently a few friends and family members have been very worried about their children. As I watch their concern over choices children might make or beliefs that aren't burning as brightly I see their pure love and worry about these precious souls to which they have been given stewardship. My children are getting a little older and I am quickly seeing how I cannot make many decisions for them. They are having to learn about consequences and while the stakes are small at this point I know they will quickly grow. My heart aches at how there are so many scary temptations waiting to entice them on their path and I hope that they will desire to choose what is right. However, I know they will each make mistakes. We all make mistakes. I guess I am starting to realize how much a parent loves each of their children - no matter the choices they have made. If we love our children this much, how much more does a loving Father in Heaven mourn over one of his children who are in despair and need His help? How much does He rejoice when we choose a path that brings us closer to Him? As Jesus taught, "There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one...that repenteth" (Luke 15:10). I hope we will all find those that are struggling and help each other along the path to a Father in Heaven who will joyfully welcome us home.
This blog is not meant to be an all-encompassing overview of our beliefs as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but merely bits and pieces of what strengthens our testimony and faith in Jesus Christ.
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you..."--1 Peter 3:15
We would love to address topics that you are interested in or have sincere questions about. If you do have something you would like us to write about, please feel free to leave us a comment on the most recent post or email us at email@example.com and we will get to it as soon as we can.
The authors on this blog are all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you have questions about what has been discussed here, we encourage you to contact the missionariesto teach you more about the restored Gospel. If you would like to ask the writers of this blog a question, please post a comment and we'll do our best to answer.
Thank you for your support and please feel free to add this button to your site:
Do you have any small stories or parts of your testimony that you would like to share with friends, family, and those interested in the gospel? If so, we invite you to contribute to our blog. Please submit any short, gospel-centered experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate any submissions as well as any suggestions on how to make this blog a more meaningful tool to spread messages about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.
1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.